Pages

5 Feb 2008

Why did I do that?

Saturday 2nd February.

I'd planned to go gull watching at Richmod Bank with a group of like minded idiots who like nothing better than standing in the freezing cold watching gulls come to bathe after feeding frenziedly on the nearby tip.

With Caspian Gull, Yellow-legged Gull, Glaucous Gull and Iceland Gull all having been seen recently (and all by me!) this is the place to be................

And yet......................

I decided to spend the morning traipsing around the Dee Marshes with Molly (my black Labrador) looking for an elusive and highly dodgy Great-white Egret.

Why did I do that when the lads found a 1st winter American Herring Gull on Richmond Bank!!!!

A great effort by the Seaforth crew who were joined, in part, by the Marbury patch lads.

No comments :