Pages

14 Feb 2008

Blast from the past

Piccies on my mate Pods blog taken at Cley in the late 70's early 80's got me reminiscing over the times when I also had more hair than now! These pics were taken on Anglesey in May 1980.

One shows me about to ring a Blackbird, another shows two Manchester University Bird Club stalwarts ( Dr Mike Hounsome & Dr Martin Jones) about to partake in a Coot lamping expedition whilst the third shows a number of the bird club members relaxing!

The guy next to me leaning on the wall went on to become science correspondence for theBBC - Dr Dave Whitehouse. Graham Megson married Cathy and they now reside in Northumberland where Graham works as an envoronmentalist for local Government.
Note the standard student dress of tight Levi's, ex-armed forces knitted jumpers and long hair! Anyone watching 'Ashes to Ashes' on BBC 1 will instantly recognise the era. Some people I know are still stuck in the 80's!

No comments :