Pages

14 Feb 2009

Richmond - the only bank in the Country that delivers!

Fresh in from my morning sojourn to Stanney Woods and facing a day of decorating I was musing over the porridge when Jono Williams texted to say he and the Seaforth gull addicts had a Ring-billed Gull on the Mersey at Richmond Bank. The only bank that keeps its promises and gives up its treasures freely without charging for the benefit.

Decorating was temporarily forgotten as I grabbed my gear (minus 'scope) and shot off like the proverbial scalded moggy. Thirty minutes later I'm huffing and puffing up the slope and looking at an adult Ring-billed Gull through Jono's scope.



Nice one lads! Along with a dinky looking 1st winter Glaucous Gull, 1st winter Iceland Gull and adult Yellow-legged Gull it was a pretty good but short visit! Happy I headed back along the motorway drawn by the siren call of the paint brush.
Nice to catch up with Midlands birder Alan Northen & Shrewsbury pie addict Mike Stokes in Stanney yesterday where we managed to catch up with 1 -2 Mealy Redpolls amongst the Lesser's again.

No comments :