Pages

21 May 2017

Back to Hilbre - up with the Lark!

An early tide meant an early start for the Hilbre regulars Saturday morning. Setting my alarm at 03.30 I was on the way by 04.00 and met up with the other s art West Kirby at 04.30. Despite the early start the tide was already quite advanced.

There were no grounded migrants apart fro ma single Wheatear but as the sun rose the Shorelark put on a good display. Whilst photographing the meadow Pipit below I couldn't work out what Alan was photographing to my left.


All was revealed when the Shorelark popped into my view finder!


 Unfortunately the forecast rain then materialised and we beat a hasty retreat to the obs before leaving for the mainland as the tide receded.

There were fewer waders than of late with just a few Dunlin, Oystercatchers, Whimbrel and Ringed Plover being logged.


No comments :