Pages

19 Aug 2015

Red Squirrels

Red Squirrels are one of my favourite British mammals. Ever since I saw my first one in Cumbria in the 70's I've loved their cuteness! Center Parcs, Whinfell Forest in Cumbria is a stronghold for them. So, when Jan announced she was booking up a long weekend there with our daughter, son in law and granddaughter after our sons wedding I was looking forward to the break but mainly the opportunity to see the squirrels!





They were coming to a feeding station near the rangers hut and it was nice to see a selection of woodland birds there as well. These included lots of Bullfinches, a Yellowhammer, Coal Tits & Nuthatch as well as plenty of commoner stuff. 

Little Lizzie was fascinated by the squirrels - its a mammal they don't get in Australia!

1 comment :

John eos shooter said...

I especially like the first one. Gr. John