Pages

18 May 2015

Garganey on Gowy marshes

The Cheshire Wildlife Trusts reserve on the Gowy marshes is a fantastic reserve and one which I don't visit as often as I used to. I'm doing some survey work on one of the farms along the Gowy river for CWT and when I heard a couple of Garganey had been seen recently on a pool adjacent to the farmland I'm surveying I decided to take a quick look. Sure enough there were a pair of Garganey! They flew immediately they saw me but circled round and came back within a couple of minutes.




Fantastic little birds and our only summer migrant duck.

With singing Lesser Whitethroat and Reed Bunting it was a pleasant evening to be out A quick trip to the farm to chat with the farmer about access to check for Swallows nest and I was home within the hour.

No comments :